Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Ovarian Update

8/14/08

Day one of waiting is over. Since dinner, I’ve eaten the rest of Sam’s grilled cheese, a bag of popcorn and am wolfing down my second WW latte bar. Could be worse. Yesterday went really well despite my very frayed nerves. Out of 9 retrieved eggs, 4 fertilized. Their grades were 8A, 8B, 6B and 4B. Since 4B probably won’t make it, we had the option to cryopreserve 6B and transfer the two 8’s. But even if we did that and have to do a future cycle, we would still have to harvest a new batch of eggs because they’re not going to transfer just one embryo. So we’re going for gold and transferred all three embryos. So, at this very moment, I could be cultivating our future triplets. Strangely, this possibility isn’t freaking me out. It’s also not likely that all three would take at my prehistoric age of 40 or so I’ve been told. Liane went with me to the transfer yesterday so Bob wouldn’t have to take another day off from work and the staff thought we were a couple. We were laughing our heads off. Should go to bed as it’s getting late and tiredness only makes the stress worse. Am immersing myself in Kite Runner to keep busy and may set up a facebook account just to pass the time. Maybe I’ll actually get my blog up and running.

8/16/08

Day three of waiting is complete. Made it through the last couple of days with lots of movie theater popcorn, troughs of Chinese food and tiramisu. If I don’t get pregnant, at least I’ll look like it soon. My mom is here visiting so that’s a great diversion. We engaged in marathon retail therapy today. Sam’s potty training is going well which also takes a lot of time and much patience. He’s terrified of public toilets flushing, but won’t pee in a diaper anymore so today was spent running through Target and other stores to get to the bathroom in time so he could shriek in terror as he sat on the toilet. Last week, I got so freaked out from him getting so freaked out that neither of us remembered to be mindful of his aim and he ended up peeing in my shoe.

1 comment:

LabMom said...

I think you're quite a good writer, and I think you have things worthy of reading. I also think that your little eggs should consider themselves lucky if they implant in a uterus belonging to someone as wonderful as you are.